Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Jared and I watched, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, tonight. You need to see this movie. I've never blogged about a movie before, and the three of you that read this blog can attest to that. But trust me here, I don't say this lightly, this movie is worth the time, every time.

Capturing the frustration in this man's life during this time period was masterful. The fact that I was completely pissed the first five minutes of the movie, proves that film can convey emotion. I love that when the movie progresses, you progress with the character. You feel what he feels. You grow as he grows. It is tedious at the beginning for us, you and the lead, to communicate anything, but as you move through the plot it becomes easier and easier. Not that it is ever simple to follow, but rewarding for sure.

Watch it.

0 comments: